The easiest way to save money on your waste disposal costs is to segregate at source. Separating mixed dry recyclables from your general waste is simple to do and significantly reduces the amount of waste destined for landfills.
Below is a list of the items which are generally accepted as mixed dry recyclables/ Once separated the cost of removal of this waste is far less than that of general waste.
Contact our sales team for any advice or assistance in setting up a segregation process.
- Plastic bottles and Containers with the following stamps are accepted. these would include soft drink bottles, milk bottles, detergent bottles, clean yoghurt tubs and various clean food trays.
- Plastic Film such as cling film and school book covers are regarded as recyclable, however shopping bags are not.
- Heavy Duty Drums with the following stamp, if cleaned and have not contained any hazardous materials are also acceptable.
- Phone Books
- Cardboard Boxes
- Old Cards
- Cardboard Food Boxes such as Cereal Boxes
- Food Cans that have been cleaned
- All Drink Cans
- Aerosol Cans
- Any metal items that are non-hazardous or are WEE products
- Any coloured glass items apart from those on WEE products